The purpose of Gladney University is to equip clients and professionals with the knowledge they need to help provide positive and healthy outcomes for the children we serve. Gladney University provides adoptive parents with education and support before, during and after their adoption. This education and support helps Gladney provide the finest adoption experience possible and it’s part of Gladney’s promise of family for life.
Additionally, Gladney University provides medical professionals, counselors, social service advocates and community members with cutting edge continuing education programs by offering relevant and engaging, web-based and in person educational adoption and child welfare resources.
Gladney is uniquely positioned to provide outstanding training to parents and professionals because of our 130 year history of serving families and children. Our staff is highly qualified, experienced and compassionate. This combination creates dynamic and very successful training programs.
You’re invited! Here are some training opportunities coming up soon:
- Permission to Breathe: Patiently Growing Yourselves and Your Children - presented by Marshall Lyles, LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S , EMDRIA Approved Consultant, January 19, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM CST
- Tragedy to Triumph - presented by Rebekah Charleston, Executive Director, Valiant Hearts, January 22, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM CST
- Embracing the Heart, Mind, and Spirit of Transracial Adoption - presented by Rhonda Roorda, MA Communication-Urban Studies, February 12, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM CST
- Domestic Violence 101 - presented by Karla Arenas-Itotia, LMSW Assistant Professor in Practice, UTA, February 19, 2019, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM CST
- Early Experiences Elevate Everything: Early Brain and Child Development and the Future of Society - presented by Dipesh Navsaria, MD, March 26, 2019 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM CST
Interested in being a Gladney University Presenter?
We look for diverse applicants who are doers, makers, creators, and child welfare advocates. Gladney University presenters are selected upon their accomplishments, impact, reputation of thier work, and belief that their voice will create change in our world. Below is a list of the criteria our selection committee requires:
- Evidence based foundation
- Clear objectives
- Audience participation opportunities
- Visual elements
It's simple to apply! Fill out the application below. We promise to review your application with respect and honor for your work. Once submitted, a member from our team will contact you within 2-4 weeks to inform you of our decision regarding your proposal.