The purpose of Gladney University is to equip clients and professionals with the knowledge they need to help provide positive and healthy outcomes for the children we serve. Gladney University provides adoptive parents with education and support before, during and after their adoption. This education and support helps Gladney provide the finest adoption experience possible and it’s part of Gladney’s promise of family for life.
Additionally, Gladney University provides medical professionals, counselors, social service advocates and community members with cutting edge continuing education programs by offering relevant and engaging, web-based and in person educational adoption and child welfare resources.
Gladney is uniquely positioned to provide outstanding training to parents and professionals because of our 130 year history of serving families and children. Our staff is highly qualified, experienced and compassionate. This combination creates dynamic and very successful training programs.
You’re invited! Here are some training opportunities coming up soon:
- Branding and Design 101 - presented by Katye LaNier of Gladney Center for Adoption, August 21, 2:00 - 3:30
- Addressing Trauma with Children and Parents - presented by Dr. Rhonda Johnston, LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S, NCC, CEAP, September 25, 9:00 - 11:00
- Multi-Cultural Diversity - presented by Niklaus Johnson, M.S., LPC, and Kareecia Thompson, LMFT-Associate, October 2, 9:30 - 11:30
- The ABC's of Play Therapy - presented by Pam Dyson, MA, LPC-S, RPT-S, October 11, 10:00 - 12:00
- Texas Ethics for LPC, LMFT, and LSW - presented by Dr. Rhonda Johnston, LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S, NCC, CEAP, November 13, 9:00 - 11:00
- Addressing Grief and Loss with Children and Parents - presented by Mary Kathryn Nader, M.A., LPC, December 4, 1:00 - 3:00